Our campaign to make things clearer
Brits holidaying abroad will incur up to £100 million debit and credit card fees each summer, according to our research. A prepaid card could save a family of four around £70 in fees alone during a 10-day holiday, but there is still considerable confusion surrounding travel money plastic, and the majority of holidaymakers will be stung by fees and charges as they rely on credit and debit cards while abroad.
We understand you'd rather be choosing between beaches than worrying about your travel money, so our Campaign for Clarity is here to help you cut through the confusion when comparing prepaid currency cards. As part of this campaign we have:
- Presented a new, standardised fees and charges table ensuring you know what you're paying
- Contacted the UK Card Association to recommend all prepaid providers adopt a standardised approach, to ensure consistency across the sector, and to help comparisons between providers
- Created a Glossary on our website to help you understand the terminology used
Wondering what all of the jargon means?
Use our simple prepaid card glossary to know your Acquirer from your merchant
Save up to £70 with a prepaid currency card!
Holiday money is always the most fun money you ever spend, so make sure that your Dollars, Pounds and Lira goes further and see how the savings stack up
Multi-currency Cash Passport
- Lock in your exchange rate
- Free ATM withdrawals* at millions of ATMs around the world where MasterCard is accepted
- Load up to 10 currencies on the card
Globe Cash Passport
- Maximum flexibility - use wherever you are in the world, where MasterCard is accepted, at the exchange rate of the day
- More cost effective than your credit or debit card when used abroad**
- Load in British Pounds with just a 2.49% overseas usage fee per transaction
Your card direct to your door
Order online and we'll send your card by first class post.
Travelex Cash Passport
7 currencies, 1 card - the perfect travel companion.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Cash Passport is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd ("WDCS") pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051).
* Some ATM operators may charge a withdrawal fee or set their own withdrawal limits - however, Travelex will not charge you a withdrawal fee on ATM transactions
** See our comparison table