What is the Travelex.co.uk Price Promise?
Here at Travelex, we check the exchange rates of major banks and high street retailers every day, adjusting our rates accordingly to ensure that we give you our most competitive price on your foreign currency.
We’re committed to bringing you our best rates with our Online Price Promise: if you do manage to find a better overall price elsewhere (whether online or not), we’ll refund you the difference between the price you paid with us and the more competitive lower price.
For more information, take a look at our Online Price Promise terms and conditions.
What else can you do to get great rates on your travel money?
Why not try our Currency Converter tool to check exchange rates easily? It’ll show you the historical exchange rates as well as the very latest ones, so you’ll get an idea of whether or not it’s a good time to buy your currency.
You can also use our Travel Rate Tracker to help you find the best time to buy the currency you need. We’ll monitor exchange rates and let you know by email when they’re within the range you’re hoping for. We can even let you know the exchange rate on a certain date.
Don’t forget to look out for our Happy Hour* deals, offering extra low rates for limited amounts of time. Keep your eyes peeled for the Happy Hour countdown on our home page, or sign up to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to always be in the know.
"So easy to order your currency online at an excellent rate and pick it up at airport before you board the aircraft."
"Exchange rate offered good - safe and fast service for purchasing foreign currency delivered to your door."
"Good rate of exchange, easy to order, arrived on time. I would use them again."
Travelex is rated 4.5 stars by Trustpilot based on over20,000 reviews
- Does the price from another provider need to be from the same day?
Yes, it does. Currency rates fluctuate daily, which means that we can’t compare like for like if the price you found is from another day.
- What do you mean by overall price?
When you buy your currency online, you may be subject to a number of different charges in addition to the pure exchange rate that you’re quoted. This means that you must always look at the total price, including things like delivery, admin, card and processing fees, as well as some providers charging a commission.
Our price promise includes the following costs in its total price comparison:
- The foreign currency rate
- Any delivery or collection fee payable
- Any administration fee payable; and
- Any fee payable for using your preferred payment method
For more details, check out our Price Promise terms and conditions
- I’ve managed to find a better overall price, how do I claim a refund?
You'll need to provide us with the following details:
- Your www.travelex.co.uk Order Reference Number;
- The details of the alternative foreign currency retailer, including: business name, address, telephone number; and the exact website address you obtained the quote from (if applicable).
- The total price offered to you by that retailer and confirmation of the times and dates you obtained the alternative quote (a copy of the alternative foreign currency retailer’s quote should suffice). This total price should set out (as applicable):
- the amount of foreign currency you wished to purchase;
- any delivery or collection fee payable;
- any administration fee payable; and
- any fee payable for using your preferred payment method.