Benefits of Travellers Cheques
American Express Travellers Cheques can be replaced virtually anywhere in the world - usually within 24 hours.
Easy to Use
Travellers Cheques are easy to use. Simply sign the Cheques when you purchase them and be sure to keep a note of the serial numbers so that you are protected in the event your Cheques are lost or stolen. When you're ready to use a Cheque, just sign your name in the lower left-hand corner in the presence of the acceptor.
American Express Travellers Cheques are welcomed around the world. They're available in Euro, Sterling or US Dollar (please check with our website) , and are accepted at a wide variety of shops, restaurants and hotels, as well as banks, foreign currency exchange bureaux and American Express Travel Service locations. You can also exchange your Travellers Cheques for local currency free of charge at thousands of locations around the world.
No Expiration Date
American Express Travellers Cheques do not expire, so you can save unused Travellers Cheques for your next trip. Just remember to sign your Cheques when you receive them and you're protected.
** Not all services are available at all locations, and are subject to local laws and cash availability.
Purchasing Travellers Cheques
There are thousand of organisations worldwide that sell American Express Travellers Cheques. Please contact us, using the details on the Contact Us page, for details of your nearest Travellers Cheque selling agent. Some agents may charge a small fee when you buy your Travellers Cheques, whilst others will offer them 'fee free'. Ask your local selling agent for details.
How to use your Travellers Cheques
When you receive your Travellers Cheques
- You must sign each Travellers Cheque once, as soon as you receive it, in the upper left-hand corner. This must be in your usual signature in non-erasable ink. You should only sign the Cheque again, in the presence of the accepting agent, when you encash it.
- Please read and understand the Purchase Agreement. You can find them inside the wallet provided with your Travellers Cheques.
- When you first purchase your Travellers Cheques, it is very important that you record the serial numbers of each Cheque. If you need to report lost or stolen Travellers Cheques, you will be asked to provide the serial number of the Cheque in question. Keep your list of serial numbers in a safe place and separate from your Travellers Cheques.
Cashing your Travellers Cheques
- It is important that you make a note of the serial numbers of the Travellers Cheques as you encash them. Keep this record separate from your remaining Cheques.
- If you visit an encashment location and they won't accept your Travellers Cheques, please contact an American Express Customer Service Centre. Visit www.americanexpress.com/uk/tc/custservice.shtml for a complete listing of phone numbers for the country of your destination
- You should only complete the date on each Cheque when you wish to use it, just as if you were writing a personal cheque.
If you would like help or assistance, please contact an American Express Travellers Cheques Customer Service Centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To find a Customer Service Centre, visit www.americanexpress.com/uk/tc/custservice.shtml for a complete listing.
Travelex, Thomas Cook Mastercard and Visa Interpayment Travellers Cheques
For information regarding reimbursement for Travelex, Thomas Cook Mastercard or Interpayment Visa Travellers Cheques, please click here.