This is the Cookie Statement applies to information collected and used by Travelex ("we", "our", “us” or "Travelex”) when you access and use our website. This information is collected through instruments known as cookies. We may also use other technologies from time to time such as web beacons or pixel tags. This cookie statement explains what cookies are, which cookies we use and why, and what you can do to manage your cookie preferences. Where any information we collect through cookies qualifies as personal data, our Privacy Notice applies to the collection and use of that data. Please review this Cookie Statement and our Privacy Notice carefully.
1. An Explanation of Cookies
- A "cookie" is a small piece of information that is stored on your device (such as your computer) and which records the way that you use a website so that, when you revisit that website, it allows us to present tailored options based on the information that has been collected from your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for providing you with tailored advertising and marketing;
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your device or system. You have a choice about what cookies you accept and if you want to change your preferences at any time you can click here to go to our cookie preference centre.
- a) Persistent cookies: these stay on your device after your website visit. They remember who you are so that when you visit the website again, your login details and password can be automatically entered for you;
- b) Session cookies: these are only stored on your device during your website visit and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. We use them for specific functions such as foreign currency transactions, to assist with the online ordering process. These cookies do not collect your personal information but are necessary for the performance of our websites.
3. Types of cookies
Cookies can also be classed in the following ways:
- Essential cookies: These cookies make our website operation work and therefore they cannot be turned off or rejected. We use these, for example, to make the ordering of foreign exchange possible online. These cookies do not gather any information about you or how you use our services, and do not have the ability to remember how you have used our website. If we offer a branded service through one of our partners, such as a supermarket, the essential cookies could be both ours and our partners;
- Performance cookies: We use these cookies to help us analyse how our website is used and to improve its performance. For example, we use them to understand where visitors to our site are based, how many people visit our website and which of our website pages are the most popular. As with essential cookies, where we are offering a branded service through one of our partners, these cookies could be both ours and our partners;
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember if you have previously visited our site or the choices you make (such as your user name, language, region or preferences) to provide a more personalised online experience.
- Third-Party cookies: these are only installed with your permission. They collect information from your device and perform tasks that analyse behaviour and collect other information, such as demographics. These cookies are used to provide you with personalised advertising, for example.
4. Third Party Marketing Cookies and Social Advertising
5. How to manage cookies
Our performance, functionality and Third-Party cookies are not strictly necessary for our website to work but will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some features of the site may not work as intended. Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies, however you can decide at any time what type of cookies you want to accept. You can change the settings on your browser to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. You can also decide what cookies you want to be placed by visiting our cookie preference centre If you use different devices to view and access our website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. Click here for more information on cookies and how to manage them.