Buy Back Promise Terms and Conditions
Why take Buy Back Promise?
If you are travelling outside the UK and plan to return within 45 days, we can buy back your foreign currency notes at any one of our UK retail stores at the original transaction exchange rate up to a maximum value of £250, for just a fee of £4.99. Any value above this limit will be completed using the applicable rate on the rate board. Buy Back Promise is only redeemable on the currency and country in which it was purchased.
The original transaction rate will be clearly displayed on your receipt.
Buy Back Promise Terms and Conditions
1. These Buy Back Promise Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to all purchases of Buy Back Promise made in-store and online via www.travelex.co.uk (“Website”) and Travelex Money App. Separate terms and conditions apply in respect of all other products and services available in-store and online.
2. Buy Back Promise can be purchased in-store for a fee of £4.99 at any of our UK retail stores when purchasing foreign currency with a minimum value of £35. For purchases online, it can be added to your basket at the time of purchasing your foreign currency and the fee of £4.99 will be applied and shown in your order summary. Please note that Buy Back Promise must be purchased at the same time you buy your travel money.
3. If you are buying more than one foreign currency, a fee of £4.99 will be applied to each currency order - that is, to foreign currency notes with the exclusion of Travel Money Cards, which cannot be used in conjunction with the Buy Back Promise. Should you decide not to purchase the Buy Back Promise for your entire order, please divide your purchase into two separate transactions – one for which you require Buy Back Promise and one for which you do not.
4. Buy Back Promise is available only to Travelex customers purchasing travel money in the UK. Travel money purchased online is also subject to our Travelex Online Services Terms and Conditions.
5. All Buy Back Promise transactions must be redeemed within 45 days from the date of purchase and are conditional on the presentation of the original purchase receipt or confirmation email (in the case of online purchases) and valid photo ID.
6. For purchases made online, please note that the 45-day period starts from the date of purchase and not the date on which collection or delivery of the foreign currency is made. If the duration of your travel is uncertain or is likely to be close to 45 days, it is advised that you purchase your foreign currency and Buy Back Promise as close to the date of your departure as possible, taking into account delivery timeframes if you opt for home delivery.
7. Buy Back Promise transactions can only be redeemed in respect of foreign currency notes (not coins) up to a maximum value of £250.
8. All redemptions must be made in-store at any of our UK retail stores. We are unable to process redemptions via our online service.
9. If your transaction is eligible for frequent flyer points or loyalty card points, these points will be awarded on the net value of your order (i.e., the total sterling value of the original transaction less the total sterling value of the Buy Back Promise transaction). Loyalty card points will not be awarded on the Buy Back Promise amount and all points will be processed after the 45-day Buy Back Promise time limit has expired. For example, where a customer takes out £100 of foreign currency and redeems the Buy Back Promise on leftover currency of £20, points will be awarded on the amount of currency spent, i.e., £80.
10. Buy Back Promise is non-transferable and only one Buy Back Promise transaction can be redeemed in respect of each valid transaction.
11. Due to the nature of the Buy Back Promise, once an order has been placed online and confirmed via email, or placed in store, we are unable to cancel, amend or refund the transaction.
12. We may withdraw or change these Terms at any time, with immediate effect, without liability to you. If we revise these Terms, we will post the revised version on our Website. You are expected to check the Terms from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you. By placing a Buy Back Promise order after these Terms have been changed, you will be accepting the revised Terms.
13. We reserve the right to cancel your Buy Back Promise purchase or refuse redemption of your Buy Back Promise, at our sole discretion, at any time and with immediate effect, without liability to you, for any reason, including but not limited to: (i) if we reasonably suspect that your travel money order and/or Buy Back Promise purchase has been placed for any reason other than purchasing holiday spending money, or for speculative gain, investment, or business purposes; (ii) if there have been significant fluctuations in the market exchange rate following the your Buy Back Promise purchase; (iii) to ensure regulatory requirements are met; and/or (iv) if your purchase fails our internal security checks.
14. If we do cancel your Buy Back Promise in accordance with clause 13 above, we will show best endeavours to notify you of this as soon as reasonably practicable and provide you with a refund of the Buy Back Promise fee, the means of which will be communicated to you.
15. Travelex will not be liable for any costs incurred for use of Buy Back Promise.
16. Buy Back Promise is provided by Travelex Foreign Coin Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02884875, with its registered office is Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, England, PE3 6SB.
These Buy Back Promise Terms and Conditions were last updated on [08/09/2023].