- 1.2This Website is provided by Travelex UK Limited and describes how your information may be used by a member of the Travelex Group Companies(“Travelex”, “we”, “us”) when:
- (a)you use this website (the “Website”), any of our mobile software applications (Apps) or platforms, or any of our carrier branded websites (together the “Sites”);
- (b)you obtain services from bureaux de change stores, from ATMs;
- (c)you call the customer services telephone lines and when you interact with us using other channels such as social media platforms;
- (d)you purchase or use Travelex Branded products which are provided by our partners. These services and products are collectively referred to in this Policy as “Travelex Services”.
- 1.3Travelex collects, stores, processes and discloses (collectively "uses") your information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business.
- 1.4If you have any requests concerning your information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us using the contact details in Section 15.
What Information do we collect
- 2.1We collect and process your information in the following ways:
Information you give us
- 2.2You may give us information about yourself when you purchase or use Travelex Services, communicate with us (whether in writing by phone or by any other means), or enter into any of our competitions, promotions or surveys. Where we request information from you, we will collect information set out in the relevant forms or pages, including when you set up an account with us or when you register for loyalty schemes offered by us. You may choose to provide additional information to us when you contact us or otherwise interact with us, including when you post content on a Site.
- 2.3If you subscribe to receive our newsletter, then you will provide us with your name, email address and information indicating how you heard about us. You may also provide us with information on your marketing preferences.
- 2.4The registration details that you provide when you register a particular product may include a unique ID for that product, your date of birth, the answer to a security question such as your mother's maiden name, your email address and marketing preferences. If you register your product, you will also have a unique password which enables you to access your account.
- 2.5If you purchase any Travelex Services, we will collect information from you that will enable us to complete your transaction. Such information may include your name, date of birth, home address, billing address, office address, e-mail address, the form(s) of identification you provide (e.g. passport or driving licence) and the information contained within those forms of identification, mobile telephone number, landline telephone number, credit or debit card information, other payment details, such as your bank account information, as required by us in order to complete your transaction and provide your payment choices and travel details (including future travel dates and destinations). If you do not provide the information we require to process a transaction, we may not be able to proceed with your order.
Information we collect automatically
- 2.6Travelex may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, whenever you visit our Sites or when you use the Travelex Services and how you use them. This could include IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions taken on a Site, and dates and times of Site visits.
- 2.7We may collect details of your visits to the Online Services. This includes page interaction and Online Services site activity, including which website you came from, pages you viewed during your visit, and the page you viewed immediately after you left.
- 2.8We may also collect your location information, for example your IP address, registered beacons or GPS (geo-location) signals. Your exact geo-location may be used when you have consented to it.
- 2.9We use the information we collect automatically: (i) to administer our Sites for internal operations including troubleshooting purposes; (ii) to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices; (iii) as part of our effort to keep our Sites safe and secure; (iv) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and (v) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- 2.10When we may collect CCTV images of you from equipment in place at our bureaux de change stores and ATMs, we will do so for the prevention and detection of crime and public safety.
Information we receive from third parties
- 2.11We may also receive information from third parties (including publicly available information). This information may include:
- (a)Non-personal information used to supplement existing information, such as demographics and affluence metrics (e.g. social-demographic groupings through matching postcode information).
- (b)Information about you from other members of the Travelex family of companies, other sources with whom Travelex work closely to provide the Travelex Services to you, including Travelex partners, third party payment and delivery service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, identity verification services, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention services.
- 2.12Where permitted by law, we may combine this information received from other sources, including from social medial websites, with information you give us and information that we collect automatically about you.
Information that you provide about another person
- 2.13If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their information will be processed and that you have obtained their consent to such processing.
Information you give us about other people
- 2.14You can provide us with another person's information to enable us to contact them (for e.g. by recommending a friend to use Travelex Services, or by entering them into a competition). By providing the other person's information you are confirming that they have given their explicit consent for you to provide their name, bank account details (if you are asking us to transfer money to them), email address, mobile phone number or postal address to us and for us to contact them by email, phone or post. A message may be sent to the other person using the contact details provided by you and this message will make reference to your name and explain to the recipient that you were the source of his/her contact details.
How we use the information we collect
- 3.1We may use your information (which may include your information combined with information from third party sources) for the following purposes:
- (a)collecting payment, processing and fulfilling your order and otherwise providing you with the information and Travelex Services you may request from us;
- (b)complying with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and sanction screening). This may include checking the information you provide to us against information from other sources;
- (c)enforcing any contract entered into between you and us for the provision of Travelex Services;
- (d)contacting you (including by email or SMS) with marketing messages according to your marketing preferences;
- (e)providing you with any alerts, in App messages or other messages, and newsletters that you have registered to receive;
- (f)providing you with service messages, including messages notifying you about changes to Travelex Services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- (g)improving customer experience and our quality of Travelex Services;
- (h)when we partner with other organisations to provide a particular Travelex Service (such partners being identified to you at the time of the provision of the relevant Travelex Service);
- (i)vdata analysis to allow us to derive insight and to help make the Travelex Services personalised and relevant, as well as to develop our business processes and Travelex Services; and
- (j)enabling us and third party websites to display relevant and targeted advertisements, based on previous behaviour, purchases, or any other relevant information.
- 3.1We may use your information (which may include your information combined with information from third party sources) for the following purposes:
Information we share
- 4.1We may disclose your information to other Travelex Group Companies but only for the purposes outlined in this Policy. We do not share your information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Travelex for marketing purposes nor do we sell your information.
- 4.2We may also share your information with a third party when we:
- (a)have your prior consent to do so;
- (b)are processing your information through a trusted business partner, who is acting on Travelex’s explicit instructions and in accordance with this Policy, confidentiality and levels of security;
- (c)are using a third party to send targeted advertisements on our behalf, using an identifier such as an email address or site cookies;
- (d)have aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, which is to be used for segmentation, statistical modelling, general research or trend analysis;
- (e)sell or buy any new business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- (f)are purchased by a third party, in which case information held by us including your information will be transferred. We will notify you of this through the most appropriate means;
- (g)need to comply with the obligations we have to our third party product issuers or third parties providing products or services on our behalf, so that they may process your order or otherwise provide the information, products or services you have requested (please note that these third party product issuers have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of your information by such third parties in accordance with such policies);
- (h)are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelex, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- (j)partner with other organisations to provide a particular Travelex Service (such partners being identified to you at the time of the provision of the relevant Travelex Service).
How to opt in or opt out from direct marketing
- 5.1We may use the information you give us on our Sites for direct marketing purposes to provide updates; newsletters; events; or other communications that we think may interest you. Where required by law your prior consent will be obtained before sending direct marketing.
- 5.2You may want to discontinue receiving information from us. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email or SMS marketing message we send you.
Retention of your Information
- 6.1We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use Travelex Services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
Links to Third Party and Travelex Group websites
- 8.1We have a number of security measures in place to protect your information you provide to us through our Sites against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. However, when transmitting information over the internet, please bear in mind that no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Therefore, while we endeavour to protect your information, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transfer over the internet to us.
- 8.2As part of using our Sites you may be asked to set-up a user name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password and are responsible for all activities that are carried out when logged using your name and password. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the passwords that you set.
- 9.1Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our Sites and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of your information in this way. However, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected through our Sites is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and strict data protection standards.
- 10.1The information that we collect from you and about you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") (which may not offer the same level of data protection). It may also be processed by Travelex or a supplier’s staff operating outside the EEA (including third party product issuers). Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your information outside of the EEA. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy, but please be aware that countries which are outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection.
- 11.1We collect information automatically through the use of "cookies". A cookie is a small text file containing information that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer, phone or tablet as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer but not you. Cookies provide us with useful information which we use to improve our Website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. When you revisit our Website, Travelex's computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits which help us to analyse how users interact with our sites so we can make improvements. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
- 11.2We use three types of cookies on our websites:
- (a)Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- (b)Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites until they either expire or you delete them.
- (c)Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
- 11.5For information about the specific cookies used on our Site, please refer to our cookie preference centre.
- 12.1If you require access to the information we hold about you, please send your request in writing to the address set out below. Any request may be subject to a prescribed fee, where we are legally permitted to charge in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 12.2We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about you is accurate, current and complete. We respond to your requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner so please tell us if you think we hold incorrect information about you at the address below.
- 13.1Travelex does not knowingly collect or solicit information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide information on the Travelex Applications. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s information from our systems. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Our Policy
- 14.1Any changes we make to our Policy will be posted on our Website. Please do check our Policy to take notice of any changes made. By providing us with your information, using the Online Services and/or any service or product offered via the Online Services, providing us with information in-store at one of our bureaux or over the phone, use one of our ATMs or by placing orders after we have changed the terms of our Policy, you will be deemed to have accepted these changes. We will advise you of significant changes to this Policy where we have your contact details.
- 14.2This Policy was last updated on 19 August 2016.
- 15.1Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org Customer Services Department, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough PE3 6SB.