Find the currency you need
At Travelex we’re here to help make getting your travel money simple, leaving you with one less thing to think about before your next trip abroad.
All you need to do is order your currency online with us and you'll lock in our best rate of the day*! From euros to dollars, right through to currencies such as Czech Koruna and South African Rand, we’ve got you covered. You can also check out our daily exchange rates to find out everything you need to know about a particular currency.
Our Online Price Promise
We know that you want to get the best deal on your travel money - and we want you to as well! That’s why we monitor market rates and set our rates to be as competitive as possible.
However, if you do manage to find a better overall price somewhere else, don’t worry! We'll refund you the difference as part of our online Price Promise!**
How to buy currency
Buying currency with Travelex is easy. You can buy currency either online or at a Travelex store located in several airports and cities around the world. The process for buying currency is the same online as it is in retail stores:
- Calculate either how much currency you would like to exchange, or how much currency you would like to purchase. For example, do you have £500 to exchange into US dollars, or would you like to purchase $500?
- Check the exchange rate of the currency pair. The exchange rate is how much one currency is worth in comparison to the other. The pound/dollar currency pairs can be denoted like this: GBP/USD
- Exchange rates will always be numerical, and fluctuate regularly depending on the value of each currency. For example, the GBP/USD currency pair could fluctuate from £1/$1.2780 to £1/$1.2802 in the space of a few hours. This means that one pound can now buy 1.2802 dollars, whereas a few hours ago, it could only buy 1.2780 dollars. The pound has strengthened against the dollar.
- If the exchange rate is favourable, i.e the currency you wish to buy is selling for a good price against your home currency, lock in your purchase either on our website or at one of our stores.
- If you purchase online, we will charge your bank card for the currency you have purchased. If you purchase in store, you can use either card or you home currency cash to purchase your foreign currency.
Is ordering with Travelex online safe?
Yes. Ordering through our website is safe and secure. We have Norton secure payments and all of our pages are secured with SLL. Additionally we’re FSA regulated and have over 39 years of experience in foreign exchange. Operating in 29 countries globally we are at the forefront of regulatory and compliance best practice, constantly working to the highest standards.
How quickly can I get my currency?
You can collect your currency from as little as 4 hours when you order Euros, US Dollars and Travelex Money Cards. All other currencies can be ordered and collected between 24 and 48 hours later.
Next day delivery is available on all currencies when you place your currency order before 3pm.
Have another question? Check out the rest of our FAQs
Travelex Wire is our new money transfer service from Travelex directly, offering a low-cost way of sending money internationally. Using Travelex Wire, simply set up your money transfer online, at an average of 3 times cheaper than leading money transfer providers*.FIND OUT MORE
*Compared to our walk-up rate
“Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Travelex Money Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd ("WDCS") pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051).”
Terms and conditions apply - please click here for more details
*We compared the average cost of sending money abroad from the UK with Travelex Wire – in euros or US dollars across a range of values – against the average costs of sending equivalent sums abroad using the online services of leading money transfer providers in the UK. The price data used for the purpose of this analysis was obtained via online research between 1st June 2017 and 30th June 2017. Find out more here.